Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Updates

I just finished reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold. I highly recommend. I was in tears through most of it, it is just so beautiful. Go borrow it from the library or a friend. Or buy it, really.

Yesterday the law giving nursing mothers an hour off from work in order to nurse was extended to nine months from four. That means that if my usual work day is eight hours and a half once I go back to work after the baby is born I can work one hour less and still be eligible for my full time salary, and this is till the baby is one. I am trying to find something about this in the English Israeli news sites so I can post a link but all you non-Israeli readers will just have to believe me.

My due date is about 11 weeks away.

I really need to stop surfing, reading blogs, and posting on BB's during work. There is plenty of work to be done but somehow reading about the Oscars or discussing feminist theory is just more interesting. I really need to stop and get working. There are so many things I need to finish before this baby comes and I need to have everything is order so that when they finally find someone to replace me while I'm on maternity leave I can train them and not leave them a mess.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger cass said...

Heh. I know just what you mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home