Friday, December 24, 2004

Quiet

As I sat here playing solitaire while waiting for the Internet to connect I realized a major difference between Mr. March and myself. In the evening when we are at home and the kids are asleep he wants the house to be quiet. He can handle the TV if we are watching something but otherwise he wants quiet. I, on the other hand don’t mind the noise of the dishwasher or the washing machine, even if I am just sitting around reading a book. The house’s noises comfort me. Maybe this is because I have spent more evening here alone (well with sleeping children but without him). This trip that I took to Prague was the first time in over six years that I went abroad without him. He has gone numerous times. Granted they were all work but still he left me here. I’m not complaining, and I have had plenty of evenings out, even an occasional overnight elsewhere. But I like when my house makes noise. It makes me feel at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home