Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Why this country makes me depressed

International News Article | Reuters.com: "Sharon Avoids Indictment in Bribery Scandal"
The ruling party in this country acts like they are above the law, and you know what - it has just become official that they are.

I know I should do more to try and change this. Since I started reading and posting on feminist boards, first Ms. and now the Phoenix and other offshoots, I have felt a need to be more active. That along with Yoram talking about leaving Israel. I am not ready to give up yet so I have to work to make things better. Right?
I have called MachsomWatch and asked to volunteer. So far the one time they called I couldn't go but through Roni I met another women who is active with them so maybe I will be able to real join them.
On Saturday Roni introduced me to a couple who live in Arara, an Arab village not far from here. They are very active in various co-existence groups and promised to call and invite me to some of their activities. Maybe I will actually get off my butt...
Maybe I'll just go to sleep.

9 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger frog said...

Commenting, now. :)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger roxy monoxide said...

just want to let you know i'm reading, and i've added you to my blogroll!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Mustang Sally said...

Well sure - Bush set a fine example for leaders of the free world, didn't he? Cool Blog! Welcome to the jungle :)

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Krupskaya said...

Hey March! I've bookmarked you. When I figure out how to do links, you will be one.

I like your writing and I'm glad to see you blogging.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Yael - Ein Shem said...

Thank you all, I love you!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger bh said...

Welcome to bloggerworld! Good blog!

aka phmnst

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://nmuqjyzt.com/fakh/eeiy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fcpckohw.com/sncj/uqji.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://nmuqjyzt.com/fakh/eeiy.html | http://wuzonekd.com/durd/fpps.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home